Search This Blog

2017/01/03

Log 2017010301

A prospective hiker on Facebook requested assistance with logistical planning on the American Discovery Trail.  They needed my help and I wasn't doing anything too important, so I dropped what I was doing to accrue data that I was going to do at a future date.  In was in reference to sleeping amenities on the eastern seaboard and determining if the route could support roughly 10 mile days.  It's something that I've already with the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource.

Anyways, my dual monitors worked well with ADT's guide in the document one and Google Earth in the other.  My document monitor is like reading a 19in page... I hardly have to scroll. For those that are unfamiliar with this, my setup uses one keyboard and mouse.  When I want an application on the other monitor, I just drag it over.  And since the document monitor is to the left, all I have to do is more the mouse left and the pointer shows up there.  DISCLAIMER: most of you don't need the computer setup that I have :-)).

Today, was also the first time that I worked with my re-programmable keypad.  I was using one key to make placemarks that ordinarily take take take 3 key strokes.  I only have 6 of it's keys programmed for Google Earth.  Some if that applications functions doesn't have any keystrokes and I wish they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment