Search This Blog

2017/01/19

Log 2017011901

I got Segment 5 on the American Discovery Trail - Colorado tracked out.  It's a bit rough because it uses tracks from both the Colorado and Continental Divide National Scenic Trails.  There's a couple parts where my ADT track diverges from it, so I'll have to go back over it again.  This part of Colorado on the ADT goes up to 6 segments, but that final one is really big.

I had to get memberships in a bunch of websites today, pulling tracks from other sources.  Usually, I map a segment in one, two or rarely 3 pieces.  Segment 5 took 10.  I'm not sure how much better Utah and California might be?

I've been tracking the ADT quickly.  I'm probably making it look easy.  Well, I've been doing this on distance trails for the last 4 years now.  And I have a method that's down pat.  It took years to master this kind of mapping.

I don't have my pen tablet working and wish I did.  It's a 5in x 8in touchpad with some padding.  I have a pen that goes with it that has a special tip for making contact with it.  Normally, these are used by applied artist and graphic designers for drawling.  It has a button that I touch with my index finger and I usually configure it to simulate a repeated left click.  That way as I trace, or draw a custom track in Google Earth, it constantly lays down anchors.  It hasn't been needed too much so far, but I'm thinking that it's going to come in handy on ADT's Western Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment