Search This Blog

2017/01/14

Log 2017011401

I now have enough navigational aids to route across that entire trail.  The campgrounds and lodging are plotted in placemarks in Google Earth for Illinois on the South Mid-West Route.  And I could have swore that I purchased Colorado's turn by turn guide and data before, but I can't find it.  I know that I once had it because the western part of the state

I can't get the standalone application "shp2kml" to work.  When I rolled my computer's clock back to 1/1/2011, it shut down my Internet access.  And it kept giving me a bogus error every time I tried to convert to KML.  I've been trying all night to covert the shapefiles of 9 more national forests along the American Discovery Trail.  So, I purchased a license for "Shape2Earth" for $39.99.  It could take them a couple hours to process my purchase, so I'll catch up with my email for a serial number this afternoon sometime.

When I get all those forests converted, I'll upload the entire pack so that prospective adventurists online can download and open them in Google Earth at home.  I'll also link them in a post on the American Discovery Trail's Facebook Group.  If the forest allows dispersed camping, it must take place on lands that the federal government actually owns.

No comments:

Post a Comment