Search This Blog

2016/07/08

Log 2016070801

With the Air Injection Pipe for the right bank of the motorhome's engine still being 2 1/2 days away, not much has been going on here.  I did go to the auto parts store and purchased an air, oil, cabin air filters, some high mileage synthetic motor oil and front brake hardware for my 2008 Chevy HHR LS.  Because I don't have a garage, the weather tomorrow is looking like I'll have an opportunity to do that and organize some items in the motorhome, maybe even run a multimeter on the reverse lights.

I have somewhat of an idea why those haven't switched on.  One theory is while the have circular stems that insert into a reciprocal slot, twist and lock, as far as I know, it shouldn't matter which way they are.  But my brake light bulbs proved otherwise a few weeks ago. What if they're polarized and I have both of them inserted backwards?

The other theory is that I bought this motorhome with about 20 dead organ pipe wasp nests who had a particular fancy for the transmission.  This shouldn't be, but what if the switch has an actual arm as a part of it's mechanism that and it's exposed.  Sometimes, the organ pipe wasps like bolts and other things which protrude to build their nests on.  Since the make their nests out of mud, and it's quite hard now,  it could prevent a small metal arm of a switch from changing directions.

The one thing that I'm certain of is that I used a light up tester for every fuse in both blocks and they all work.

Now, my HHR's reverse switch has a connector at the transmission case, so it's switch has to be encased within.   But with the motorhome being an '88 and my ignorance... who knows? (I don't)

No comments:

Post a Comment