Search This Blog

2016/07/01

Log 2016070101

I woke up early, but it was still about 40 minutes late.  I planned to get my motorhome out of storage.  It's parked on gravel, dirt and grass and I have to lift it to get to two, hard to get spark plugs.  As per agreement with the storage facility owner, I can't lift it there anyways.  So, I've got to get it to the house and put the front end up on the Rhino Ramps on a concrete surface.  But because there's a leak in the over cab sleeping area, I have a tarp up there and it's not worth taking it down until the weather clears.  It's 9:52am as I'm writing this and the hour by hour weather report states that this rain that I'm under now might not break until the 2pm block.  Keep in mind that the hourly reports are volatile.  They could change for the better, or the worse.

I have to get the spark plugs, wires, distributer cab, and rotor replaced so I'll have the guts to try and drive it on the road.  If I still need to get one of the family mechanics to work on it, ascertaining it's current status is required. Otherwise, they might come out and find that nothing is wrong and blame it on my imagination (lol).

But I ran it on idle, a second time, for 40 minutes a couple days ago.  And while there's a slight sign of hesitation in the engine, I'd say it's promising now.  The replacement of everything that I just mentioned might just do the trick and I won't need a mechanic?  But with the assessment of most risk, I am usually conservative about it and for all I know it's getting to my head with too much negativity?

Today, I purchased a new Sthil FS130 professional trimmer (weed eater/ weed whacker) with a 36.3cc engine displacement.  I think that will be powerful enough for the mile of the Little Muskingum River flats on the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country National Scenic Trail near Marietta.  The salesman told me that it's designed to run for up to 8 hours every day.  At that rate, it would probably take somewhere under 3 days for one person to clear that area.

But I'm 6'6 with a 36" inseam.  Apparently, there's no way to extend a trimmer's stem.  So, I'll probably have to wear steel toe boots because my stride is potentially longer than the distance to it's head.  And I also forgot to get bicycle type side handles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment