Search This Blog

2016/07/01

Log 2016070102

Well, it just wasn't in the cards. The #1 sparkplug was just really hard to get to. It's behind the alternator and I don't have any experience servicing that or the belt system (yet). So it has to be accessed from underneath. I tried that, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get it in because I can't see the hole. I'm afraid that I'd get it out, but won't get the new one in. I called for a mechanic on this.
While I had external power, I took my mini shop vac and ducked out all the mice acorns and feces from the motorhome's two exterior storage compartments. There's some gear floating around the chassis that I can put away now.
This morning, I tried to mount my new 5 gallon Jerry can. But with the tire, ladder, license plate and bike rack in the way, it just wouldn't work. So, it will just have to go in my utility hauling trailer.
I used my new attachment tube to see if my water tank would hold. But it still leaked everything it had on to the ground.
Pictured below is this hose or pipe thats just inside the interior engine access that has been disconnected, but looks like it goes together.  But for all I know, maybe they're supposed to be apart? You got me on this one. But on the drive back to the storage unit, I forgot to connect the hose to the air breather and the engine was a bit louder.  Also, the temperature gauge was still in the normal zone, but it was going a bit high.  The two hoses behind the interior access are about 5/8ths of and inch thick in outer diameter.  This cab has plenty of hoses and if just the air breather one made it act up this easily, then the two suspect ones could be causing the engine to loose pressure to the end that I'm loosing power after 40 minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment