Search This Blog

2016/07/08

Log 2016060801

I'm convinced the old Air Pump Check Valve bolt that is seized within the Air Injection Pipe on my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome engine [Ford Econoline 350 (E-350), 351 Windsor engine] isn't coming out.  I tried to muscle it off, but I stopped because I realized that the Air Injection Pipe wasn't made of much and it would kink and contort.  So, I purchased a new pipe for the right bank of the engine.  It was either that, or to remove it, crank it's bolt like end down on a vice and try to force it with a breaker bar and maybe a pipe over it?

I've been leaving messages with one of the family mechanics and I think that by buying this pipe, I might anticipate his needs.  Anyways, I've been many of my emissions parts need to be ordered.  This pipe is on two day delivery.  And when somebody comes around, I just wish to be on the road as soon as possible.  But if I don't have a response by the 11th, I'm gonna try it myself.

This pipe splits into four and goes into the block above the header, spark plugs and injectors.  It's got the same access problem as spark plug #1.  So, I've already been considering removing the alternator anyways, so I guess I could do them both while I'm there?

- I'm scheduling the routine maintenance for my 2008 Chevy HHR for the 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment