Search This Blog

2016/07/11

Log 2016071101

Well, don't call the motorhome "failed to launch" yet.  I filled the tank with 87 and added fuel injector cleaner and it just passed two road tests today.  The first was 52 minutes/ 29 miles in the plains and second was about 40 minutes/ 18 miles in the hills.  I did smell a little bit of gasoline while driving, but it was brief.  At speeds greater than 35MPH while going up a longer hill, the automatic transmission shifting to second gear doesn't do much until I give it more gas.  My guess is that there really is a turbo charger on board because I don't think what happens next is first gear.  But, there's still a something I'm concerned about in the idle.

Also, I tried to turn the auxiliary generator over with more than 1/4th a tank of fuel and it still wouldn't.  So, I've eliminated that.

No comments:

Post a Comment