Search This Blog

2016/10/07

Log 2016100701

I got a few things done today.

- Spare tire cover installed
The stock one was plastic with a wider outer diameter and it interfered with my hitch mounted bicycle rack.

- Frayed 12 gauge wire repaired temporarily
It's brown and I found out that was the main wire to my brake and running lights.  I realized during the repair that I didn't have any extra 12 gauge wire.  But I pulled it taunt enough to connect it with a blue cylinder.

- I purchased a laptop safe today, but in placing it in the motorhome, it ended up being larger than I wanted and wouldn't fit between the seats.

- A new sewer hose was cut to fit the motorhome's outside carrier compartment.  I didn't measure it when I did it, but I believe that it was cut down from 10ft to 6ft.  It's low priority at this point, but there's a lot of space behind there and I probably could upgrade the carrier and maybe install a second one?

As soon as I diagnose the reverse lights, I can get a piece of strip steel installed on the spare tire mount.  If I drill the holes right and lengthen the spare tire's bolts, I can JB Weld Steel Stick them together.  Then install a 90° angle at the top and mount the reverse camera to it.  The camera has to be taller than my biggest bicycle on the hitch rack.  And the hitch rack has an arm that extends about 30" up.

But in all actuality, I think I'd rather have it on more than just in reverse.  So, I might wire it straight to the battery via a switch?  One already exists in the cab for the lighter port power socket.  That already supplies power to the three way splitter and the tablet which will connect to the camera via Bluetooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment