Search This Blog

2016/10/19

Log 2016101901

- My AAA Roadside Assistance Reimbursement paper is printed out as my original invoice from the motorhome's last tow was scanned yesterday, or the day before.

- My ink printer/ scanner here at Home Port fell off my desk yesterday.  I put it up on 12 - 6in bed stands, lifting it 8".  I thought that went hit the ground, that was going to be the end of it.  Well, it wasn't.  Only the USB port was damaged.  I was still able to get it to work over the Wi-Fi.  With that being said, using the scanner bed, I backed up the Wayne National Forest Hiking, Backpacking and Mountain Bike map, as well as the obsolete paper maps for their Marietta Unit.  The goal is to waypoint all of their stated facilities and track their trails in Google Earth either by tracing, or downloading them from AllTrails.

The maps were scanned in at 200dpi, or dots per square inch.  When overlaying them in Google Earth, zooming in might be necessary in order to correctly position them.  There's 35 images to over lay and I hope that I did them right?  On the big, fold out Hiking, Backpacking and Mountain Bike map, I only needed the area surrounding the Whipple Section, but I just backed up almost everything.

What I'd like is to see the "big picture" of what's going on around the trail.  The position and route of the Kinderhook Horse Trail is hard to imagine sometimes in comparison with my records.

No comments:

Post a Comment