Search This Blog

2016/10/22

Log 2016102201

The 100 & 200 mile polygon zones for my AAA towing areas have been drawn and I now have copies of those files and are now ready for transfer to my tablet.  They're not perfect and that's especially so for some of the outer edges of my 200 mile polygon.  I'll have to estimate whether those areas are actually in when and if the time comes.  The 200 took 102 routes drawn in Google My Maps and imported to Google Earth to build it's polygon.  The 100 mile polygon only needed the ends of 27 to form it.

It's an off-line file, which is what is needed because I'll never know where I'll break down and won't have any signal.  If I don't, it's GPS antenna will still work and with off-line maps, it will still show my position.  These polygons overlay those base maps.  There might be a situation I might be able to run the motorhome a few more miles so I can get into one of the zones.  That's what it's really about.

No comments:

Post a Comment