Search This Blog

2016/10/12

Log 2016091201

I just got back from the Whipple Section and it's surrounding area.  The one thing I couldn't do was paint because I didn't bring the proper clothing.  But I did get some North Country Trail tack-ons up and some reconnaissance done for the upcoming Buckeye Trail Data Book.

One thing that it's authors spotted was a couple benches and picnic tables.  How they made out there being a pavilion, benches and a water well from satellite imagery is beyond me?  I have it up in Google Earth now and I even tried street view on Google Earth and I'm unable to get that much defination.  For those of us on the ground, it's kinda sunk back and it's brick tends to blend in with the foliage.   And they're aren't any signs for it.  Well, the property is on Tittle Run/ T43 near Pleasant Ridge Rd/ County Rd 17 in Lawrence Township, Washington County just inside of the Wayne National Forest's proclamation boundary.  It was once a church pavilion that is now privately owned.

One other thing, I got GPS waypoints on a monument mentioned in the section's guide.  For the last 17 months, I've been unable to find it up until this week.  It's a monument to the Tittle Family who first settled the area it's on Kohl Rd/ T391 about 200ft NW of Nichols Rd/ T329 in Fearing Township of Washington County.

Lastly, I got a recommendation regarding the Liberty Grocery at 105 South Main Street in Belle Valley of Noble County.  Two days ago, I went inside and found that there is a small selection, but enough food for resupply on for any direction.  This location is on The Wilderness and main loops, Belle Valley Section - Buckeye Trail (BT, without a concurrency, also referred to here as the "30 mile redundancy") about 800ft SW/ W of the 3-way intersection with the Road Fork Section - BT/ North Country Trail Connector (NCTC).

No comments:

Post a Comment