Search This Blog

2015/10/28

Log 2015102701

So, I started entering information pertaining to what portion of the Buckeye, North County and American Discovery trails a certain public parking area is near.  But on the intersections with Buckeye's circuit, I also added information pertaining to the Sea-to-Sea Route (C2C), their nearest incorporated area and overall place of termination.  So when the NCT's west independent arm turns north from the Defiance Section, it reads "Liberty Center/ Lake Sakakawea/ Olympic NP."

Yesterday, I noted that I plan to add the public parking area's location more specifically by letting the user know what township, village or city that it's located in.  It would be good to do this now because I have polygons on Google Earth that are specifically suited for this here at my desk.  Otherwise, these prospective hikers might not ever know because this information is usually hard to get... Then depending on the document, it could be hard to set up, or difficult to get right.

But I made a post showing a complete circuit of public parking along the Buckeye Trail in it's Facebook group two days ago.  And another member asked if I took information on the availability of "bathrooms."  Unfortunately, I didn't consider it at the time, but this and the public library project are extremely compatible with that.  To the end that I would have to guess that 2/3rds of the work for it would already be done.  Particularly because we would already know exactly where to look.  The only thing that would have to be added would be places like shopping malls and some government buildings (for instance).

When the public parking data is published, I doubt that I will have the time soon to embark on the bathrooms project.  But if there is such a person who would like to do this, and I imagine that they'd do it for BT, NCT, ADT, but not all...  Considering that the ADT & NCT are concurrent, I'd ask that they share their data and send it to me via e-mail to edmondsmd@othr.info so that I might complete the rest of the covered trails, or I could share we can share it with others.

For an unmarried man without children, I divide 2/3rds of my free time to the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource (OTHR), and the remainder to the Buckeye Trail.  That started in October and that will run until March 1st. From my end of things, the request for bathroom data is a Buckeye Trail one.  Unfortunately, I have to shift my Buckeye Trail time back over to developing promotional needs for the Whipple Section - BT, which I'm the (volunteer) Section Supervisor and lead our efforts for 57.6 miles of trail in Southeast Ohio.  Indefinitely, it has priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment