Search This Blog

2015/10/02

Log 2015100201

I'm performing intensive diagnostics on one my custom built media center computer. It's never been easy to setup, or re-install the operating system, or apps.

This computer is my most powerful machine. During the development of a new edition for the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource (OTHR), it handles everything that is graphic intensive (such ad mapping), while the guide and other written documents are usually made, or altered on my lesser powerful laptop.  At times, I use my tablet and smartphone as well to distribute the load. All together, it's about 16 gigahertz of processing power, about 16 total gigabytes of random access memory and about a total 1,800 gigabytes (about 1.7 terabytes) of combined on-board storage.  These days, that's pretty formidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment