Search This Blog

2015/10/24

Log 2015102401

It's all about doing a more through job.  Right now, I have about 4 counties left of charting public parking areas.  I need to get this done so I can base OTHR's dial-a-ride/ shared ride/ curb-to-curb transit in the most optimal locations for the hiker and the transit agency.  Next year's add-on to the resource regards winter hiking.  And by that, I mean to suggest to the hiker that they need to pick a boarding/ disembarking location that is on pavement.

But this GPX file that I am writing also stands to benefit any hiker using the same distance trails covered in the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource.

On another note, I've been using ChangeDetection.com and I have my account configured to monitor all 26 Buckeye Trail sections.  I'm happy to report that it's working perfectly.  I monitor these pages for changes in a sections map edition, as well as new or modified trail alerts and map updates.  Usually what happens is that I have to go through my BT maps at least once annually and compare the individual edition dates to make sure that they match.  If not, then I have to purchase replacement maps.  Also, I mark the ones with map updates with a permanent marker so that way if I go out to one of them, I'll be immediately prompted to print those updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment