Search This Blog

2015/10/11

Log 2015091101

I've spent the last 4 days cleaning and critiquing The Robot some more.  At this time, I'm using a USB Wireless N antenna until I pull my mounted network card out to determine what model it is so I can download drivers and get the internal working again.  While I'm at it, I'll have to pull the 4 port USB 2.0 card out and examine it some more.  I plan to upgrade the operating system in the upcoming months, so I'll be determining if these two pieces of hardware are even compatible with it?  And I have a higher grade sound card that I don't think is handling playback correctly, but it comes with a lot options.

With my laundry done and a pitcher of tea made, the plan is to draw 50 mile and 175 mile polygons based on straight line distance to the outside of the Buckeye Trail circuit along the Whipple Section.  Polygons are shapes with unlimited sides.  I already have an 8 mile corridor (4mi on either side of the trail) drawn based on walking distance using every thoroughfare that intersects it..  This is something that I use in Google Earth when searching for amenities and addresses.  If it's in that polygon, it's in range of hikers.  And so it's about using it for a quick reference.

The 50 & 175 are proposed promotion areas for the section.  They too are a quick reference to essentially determine what's practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment