Search This Blog

2015/08/03

Log 2015080301

At 155,743 miles on the odometer of my Chevy HHR LS, the rear brake shoes and drums, cylinders and one brake line between the axle and cylinder were replaced by Pioneer Chevrolet in Marietta of Washington County.

I attempted to do this here at the house I'm staying at, but when I went to remove the brake line from a cylinder, it twisted. I could have physically replaced it myself, but having an air bubble that big seemed like it was out of my league. So, I had it towed across town and my bill was combined to total $296.01 considering that I had already purchased about $190 worth of parts for it at Auto Zone in Marietta of Washington County.

The parking brake now engaged in three clicks (like it's supposed to) instead of nearly all the way up like it was. My driveway is so steep that I was chalking the car with it in gear, the wheel cocked hard left, the parking brake up and it was on chalks. But, not anymore. I'm confident to take it blazing on Whipple's on-road now.

No comments:

Post a Comment