Search This Blog

2015/08/31

Log 2015083101

Today, I got my loaned weed eater and drove my car down to Alexander Road in Independence Township of Washington County.  A family on ATV's invited me to use a ford that was located on one of their paths along the Little Muskingum River.  But I spoke to a local resident and there could be some problems depending on who's property it's on.  So, until I speak to the Washington County Engineers again to get the ownership of a certain site, I turned around and attempted to access the area from Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country Trail, Point 05 (10/2010 edition map & guide)

Point 05 is east of the trail on the Little Muskingum River flats and from south side road access, it's shorter to access it from.  When I got there, I took the weed whacker out, put some gas in it and tried to start it.  It would turn over, but it wouldn't run very long.

By now, the grasses in the river flats have to be very long.  And until September 17th at the latest,  I'm recommending that all hikers bypass Points 05 - 06 (10/2010 edition map & guide) on Brooks Road/ T94, which will start the on-road in the clockwise (CW)/ westbound (Wb) direction at Point 05, instead of 06.

No comments:

Post a Comment