Search This Blog

2015/08/25

Log 2015082501

Today, I just found a brochure for the 2015 Ohio River Interstate Catfish Tournament that was locked away in my safe.  That event was 9 days ago and included tributaries of the Ohio.  Had I would have known this, I would have expedited the maintenance along the Little Muskingum River flats between the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country National Scenic Trail, Pts. 05 - 06 of the October 2010 edition map and guide.

The Little Muskingum in the flats has been very low lately.  It's low enough for me to ford using the thick of my boot heals and not get my feet wet in the process.  And low surface water levels are common for Southern Ohio this time of year.  But I think I'd like to keep the door open for them just in case and if we can manage to.  On a year with more rain, they might be able to fish there.

Personally, I'm not a fisherman and I have no idea what's been caught there before.  But I do know that there are some fisherman trails behind the campsites at Lane Farm on OH-26, which is also along the Little Muskingum.

We have a site down there that I plan on using to help maintain the flats that allows us to ford the river at low water.  It's easier than having to haul equipment up and down from our 200ft gain/ loss on the east side and our 300ft on the west side.  And because one side occurs on private property, only I have permission to access it.

Until now, I've been too busy with maintenance lately to be concerned enough to gather projected dates on local reoccurring events.  Now, I plan to publish a calendar of these events for the section and link it somewhere in my person section supervisor's webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment