Search This Blog

2015/08/18

Log 2015081801

At this time, with the BTA's Whipple Work Week about a month away, I am switching the section's priorities from being "maintenance" to more "promotion & recruitment" oriented.  Since I am a "transplant" in to this area, I must confess that I don't know the Parkersburg - Marietta - Vienna metropolitan area very well yet.  A couple of days from now, I'll be seeking to find ways to get myself "plugged-in."  What I'd like to do is learn the people and their going sub-culture in different places.

The Whipple Work Week will bring in volunteers from all around the state to work on the 57.6 mile, on and off-road, Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country Trail in the New Matamoras, Marietta and Beverly of Washington County areas.

The BTA is getting ready to send me materials to promote and recruit with.  As a section supervisor, this is not in my list of duties.  But because I'm local, it's now something to where I should make it my business to learn the "lay of the land" because it concerns the growth and sustainability of the section.

No comments:

Post a Comment