Search This Blog

2015/08/10

Log 2015081001

The inaugural post for this log was made on July 7th, 2013.  Which means that in 2 years, 1 month and 3 days, I have published 297 posts and have 2,779 page views.  In my opinion, that's spectacular.  Should it keep up it's pattern, it should surpass 300 published posts and 3,000 pageviews.

Today, I drove to the Community of Whipple to get my mail at the Post Office.  And on my way there, I decided to go there by way of the Whipple Section on-road trail.  When I got to the former village, construction crews had traffic forced onto OH-821 Nb because the Ohio Department of Transportation and the local oil & gas industry were demolishing the old rail bridge that went over the highway.

As I'm told, the story with this is that the local oil & gas trailers can get stacked high.  With the bridge being low, it's been slammed into several times.  And the re-route around Whipple (the Community of) is a long one.  So, with the railroad being defunct, a local oil & gas company is paying to have it demolished and it should be completed on 08/15/2015.

But while I was in Whipple, I picked up my mail and a package today at the Post Office.  It's too bad that they're closing this location on September 25th because even though I have to drive about 10 miles from Marietta (which also has a perfectly good PO) to get it, I like having my mail right there just off the trail.  And so far, I've been able to listen and engage some of the residents there and I'm beginning to like them.

With that being said, I just received my Velocity Clip for my bicycle.  It's a smartphone mount that cranks down on the device and keeps it from slipping out and hitting the road.  And for the past few days, I've been having trouble replacing my front intertube.  This is the first time that I've ever had to do this on a road bike.  The tube on my previous attempt kinked and blew.  Unlike a mountain bike, only about 80% of the flattened road bike tube would line the interior tire.  But days ago, I got some advice from someone at the Marietta Adventure Company and he said that it needs to be filled with a little air first to get it's shape right.  Well, I did that today and learned that because of my 1982 Motobecane's (bike brand) brakes, that I had to insert the wheel in with the tube uninflated and then pump them up.  Afterwards, I got the Velocity Clip mounted and positioned correctly.

The plan for tomorrow is to re-inspect the Whipple Section - Buckeye/ North Country National Scenic Trail from Pts. 04 to 01 collecting the same information that I did on Pts. 04 - 06. Then ride my bike on road from 01 back to 04.

No comments:

Post a Comment