Search This Blog

2015/04/29

Log 2015042901

- Shapefiles concerning mining areas were download from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, but they wouldn't load on Google Earth, or ArcGIS Explorer.  Nor was there a way to convert ArcGIS's .nmf file into a KML.

- I found that my free trial of Google Earth Pro expired.  It was uninstalled from my media center computer, otherwise known as "The Robot."

- An email was sent to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources requesting GIS data on mines in the state.

- New shapefiles were downloaded that show the boundaries of every ODNR land.

- I made waypoints for things mentioned in Whipple Section - Buckeye Trail's October 2010 guide from Points 1 - 5.  I now know that the section has three USGS named ridges, instead of two.  The ones that I knew were Bean and Pine Ridges.  But one that I uncovered in the guide was Bell Ridge.

- The B & N Coal Lands, a 3,000 acre hunting land that's listed with the ODNR - Division of Wildlife was discovered between Whipple Section - Buckeye Trail, Points 15 - 17.  A polygon was acquired for the land and it shows the section's on-road trail being routed right through it.

- B & N also appears on ODNR's website here.

- Waypoints that were taken on my smartphone were imported into Google Earth and saved to my places.  They mostly pertained to BCSED items, which are bridges, causeways, stairs, erosion bars and displays.  Other than that, a few parking areas.

- Tasks were made to determine the feasibility of mentioned parking areas, explore the coal lands, inform the BTA of a restaurant

- The location of Dodd Hill was plotted as a waypoint on my records for the Road Fork Section.

- My master track for Whipple Section was cut up into each road, then organized by township, county, Ohio Department of Transportation and the National Forest Service.  My duties as a section supervisor state that I am to maintain good relations with landowners.  I know it, the adjacent property owners lines actually go to the centerline of the road and that's where they're property taxed to.  But the government has an easement the accommodates the road and perhaps some utilities.  So, it's a property with a right to pass and from what I'm told, ownership of that area belongs to both.  And now that I have this data for the government, I now know as far as they're concerned who owns what and where.  Whenever I want such information, I can now just call it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment