Search This Blog

2015/04/08

Log 2015040801

As a section supervisor, I am by default a member of the Buckeye Trail Association's "Trail Management Team (TMT),"  who deal with matters like routing and cutting obstructions on the entire circuit.  Since I still reside in Painesville, the acting chair of the TMT requested that I respond to a downed tree on the Burton Section in Big Creek Park - Geauga Park District, which is north of Chardon of Geauga County.

The tree is actually an 18" thick branch made out of a dense, white wood.   I got the obstruction cut on the sides, but I storm rolled in and I had to leave.  Anyways, I went to Home Depot, also in Chardon, and purchased 2 - 100ft ropes to tie to it tomorrow and drag them off of the trail.  The trail is safe for the time being, but I plan to finish the removal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment