Search This Blog

2015/04/01

Log 2015040101

It was a productive day today.  First, I drove to the Army Navy Store in Ashtabula and purchased an ALICE frame and shoulder straps.  But the clerk there told me that they sometimes have a shortage on backpads because this ensemble is obsolete.  That which I was after was issued during Vietnam and was phased out of most infantry units by the time I was in The Old Guard 12 years ago.  Looks like I'll have to get it shipped in, but the drive back from the Marietta area next week will probably mean that I'll have to come back with the trailer completely unloaded.  And I don't dare take that over 45MPH, that means that I'll be criss-crossing the state on primary and secondary highways (state and US routes) on the way home.  And there might be an opportunity to pick one up along the way.

After that, I drove to Lowe's in Mentor of Lake County and procured a Kobalt 4 Tool Lithium-Ion Kit, some saw and wood sawzall blades.  The kit came with a light and I wish it was an impact drill instead because it's not very big, so I can afford the expense in space to carry it and it will make working on the car easier.  The employee at Lowe's told me that the kit came with 2 batteries, so, I purchased an additional one for about $60.  Also, I puchased a tool belt since, I'll be hauling these through the backcountry for miles.   Lastly, I had to get a broom handle because the previous one that I had rotted and broke from being stored outside all winter long.

-A 2 year warranty was purchased on the tool kit.

I got 4 long sleeve button up work shirts from Sears in Mentor of Lake County to go with the two long sleeve shirts that I already own.  I'm looking forward to image pressing my "Section," "Supervisor" Buckeye Trail base and my "whipple" rockers on to them.

I got a new 26L Aquatainer, also in said city and county.

-Storage B was emptied and swept clean as per my contractual obligations with Uncle Bob's Storage in Mentor of Lake County.  It's ready to be surrendered now and have my service terminated with them tomorrow.  My 8' x 8' unit was adequate and the staff was always friendly.  They performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment