Search This Blog

2015/04/05

Log 2015040501

Known parking areas and post offices for The Wilderness Loop of the Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent partially) were plotted on Google Earth today.  Parking which is not known are Road Fork Section's portion of the Wayne National Forest and Ales Run State Wildlife Area.  They need to be searched in person and if Road Fork were given an 8 mile corridor, anything that comes up in Ales Run is probably on the edge if it.

I attempted to use my topo maps today to plot the location of the streams which Whipple crosses.  It's just that my USGS Topo overlay maps are not detailed enough to get everyone for sure.  Basically, I need to be able to see almost every single ditch that gets wet.  So, during the maintenance cycle this year, the off-road will have to be cataloged on foot with a GPS.  I'm not sure if the on-road can be done by car.  I hope so.  But, with being behind windows and it's speed, it might be possible to miss a few.  I'm not completely sure about what I'm going to do with the data once I get it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment