Search This Blog

2013/08/24

Log 2013081301

4lbs of ground beef yeilded 13 meals in Mason jars.  I placed two bags of egg noodles in freezer bags and they'll remain there until I go to make a soup.  I still have 3 green peppers and 4 onions left.  I won't go into Wellington until tomorrow and after I get done with my trail maintenance.
I've been canning today.  It always makes a mess. The wheel barrel has been converted into a dish washing tub.  Since I've had to refil the 26L Aquatainer multiple times and carry it back, my abdominal muscles are feeling sore.  It will have to be refilled once again before the night is out.
A member of the park staff came by my campsite today.  When I took over my segment 2 1/2 years ago, I introduced myself to them and she recognized me after all this time.  Seems that the Buckeye Trail has a irrigation problem and the park would like the BTA to produce the labor to fix it.  They're willing to contribute the supplies.  I then referred her to the segment's maintainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment