Search This Blog

2013/08/08

Log 2013080801

The trip that I have remaining on the Buckeye Trail (North Country and American Discovery are concurrent through most of it) is 427.4 miles by the official BTA count.  On paper, it's scheduled to take 24 days.  Even with my Pennsylvania experiences, riding the bicycle back to basecamp, or to the car will test my abilities to the maximum every day. I've scheduled to hike 15, 18 and 20 mile days hiking.  My trip has an average of 17.79mi a day.  And I have about 10 BMI to burn if needed.

I should probably get some protein bars for next week and really watch what I eat.  I'll need to drink water around the clock, holding the color of my urine stream at just beyond clear consistent during the entire time.  And stretch constantly. This is going to be an aggressive hike.  I want to have an efficient system to conquer it.

The site seeing trip to the Lake Erie Islands has been canceled this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment