Search This Blog

2013/08/07

Log 2013080701

I have an appointment tomorrow at the VA Medical Center in Cleveland tomorrow.

A new app by SPEEDTEST.NET was installed on to the smartphone.  Since my internal RAM memory is running low, I install those very sparingly now and days.  But since I still intend to continue configuring my cell phone signal repeater, I need the new app to test the speed.  When the internet runs over cell phone signals, it's downstream bandwidth speed will up and down with the signal.  At its fullest, my downstream without the booster should get as high as 3000 kilobits per second (mb/ s) on 3G signal.  But, I'm not sure what it will do with the lowest data signal.  If the speed gets below 256mb/ s, I might not be able to work with the laptop if smartphone is hotspoting and feeding internet signal to the laptop.  And I might not be able to get on with the laptop at all if the speed dips below a consistent 128 mb/ s.

There's no telling how much Google Earth is going to download?  It has to get high quality images from a server to zoom in on an area.  The higher the quality, the more programming information it contains.  And the more programing information it contains, the bigger the file size it.  When I get a hotspoting package from Sprint, it has a download limit like dial-up use to when it was new.  Back when I use to run a cell phone internet card in my apartment, it was about 5GB.  I downloaded about 180 videos one time and sent it over.  That ended up costing me $800 in mostly overage charges.  Testing with Google Earth while the smartphone is hotspoting to the laptop will probably have to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment