Search This Blog

2019/10/28

Why Don't I Hike?

Some might ask me why I don't hike.  With 1200 miles covered on the Buckeye Trail and 2000 career, I like to think that I'm just on "inactive status."  But one more hiker isn't going to amount to a hill of beans in Ohio and West Virginia. 

Right now in Far SE Ohio, I'm having a hard enough time "keeping the lights on." We have an annual maintenance contingent from the BTA's Road Fork/ Whipple Work Week, but it gets there in July and this place needs things to start happening in June for economic reasons.  That needs local volunteerism, which we had in the past warm days, but this area has incurred multiple, successive calamities.  And the best thing that can happen now is that we withdraw and regroup now that we're in the cold ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment