Search This Blog

2019/10/28

Digital Mapping File

The file for Adventurer's Project's Digital Mapping was 375MB in hard disk size.  In the past, Google Earth crashes when it tries to load a file of about 400MB (give or take a few megabytes).   I know that this is just going to get bigger, so I saved the individual items and folders to the hard disk itself.  It will be much easier on my laptop to work with them that way.

Adventurer's Project's Digital Mapping is slated to work on digital cartography well out side of its region.  One idea that I have is in support of the North Country Trail Association's "End-to-End" program.  I think that a regional+ transit project that would include passenger airports, Greyhound intrastate buses and a few local amenities would suit a trail of 4,800 miles well?

I'm not sure what the output will look like for the end user, but considering that their Avenza and Guthooks (I'm not sure what they use) basemaps are probably not drawn for this, it might end up being written on Adventurer's Project's website?  But to do that, we'll have to pin point where everything is and that takes a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment