Search This Blog

2019/10/12

Water Online

The water lines at the hot water tank in my 1988 Itasca Sundancer 25ft motorhome have been bypassed.  Back in February, the hot water tank ruptured. And I thought that the T connections were a part of it and non-serviable? But I have a replacement tank and saw threadded holes on it, which lead me to investigate.

The hose connections are not your typical 1/2in variety. Their noses are more rounded off, or bullet like. My local hardware stores dont have anything for them. Either the space where the hot water tank's located was too cramped for me to see then, or I just assumed that all 3 connections in the T were the same?

With the new information, I took one of the T's off and found that the one that mounted to the hot water tank was a standard 1/2in. I was then able to screw in a PVC valve that could later bypass the hot water tank in case of an emergency.

From there, I got some 1/2in, threaded PVC caps from my hardware store. At that point, I removed both T's and used the caps to turn them into couplers.

Right now, I have cold water running to the kitchen sink, shower/ bath tub, toilet and bathroom sink. But the bathroom sink plumbing has a rupture and its leaking.

I had to use my black water hose to clear out some sewer blockage. I use a jet attachment on my sewage outtake port for this. After about 5 minutes, it cleared and went right down.

I found a mouse hole at the exterior hot water tank relief valve and patched it up with some Big Gap Filler.

No comments:

Post a Comment