Search This Blog

2019/06/22

Sawed Off Gas Line

I sawed off the other steel fuel line on my 2008 Chevy HHR.  It's connected to a rubber hose that leads into the gas tank.  But even then, I tried to dislodge the line from the hose and it wouldn't come loose.  My guess is that between rust and heat, that it somehow became fused.

Everywhere on line says don't do saw them off, but I determined that a hand hacksaw would be safe because I did it in a way that didn't produce much heat and any shards as a result of the cutting process was probably going to occur on a part that I was going to dismount and throw away. 

This is rubber hose with a fitting.  That fitting was bonded to the plastic fitting with something like heat gun?  I can feel the ripples below it.  I wonder if I could chop off the stock fitting and introduce some kind of s coupler to another hose with a new fitting?

I'll be back at the auto parts store tomorrow.  Hopefully they'll tell me that this is possible, or give me an alternative?  Otherwise replacing the rubber hose in question means dropping the gas tank (by my self maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment