Search This Blog

2019/06/15

New External Hard Drive, Data and Myself

I got my new 4 terabyte external hard disk drive in the mail a couple days ago from Newegg.  The external hard disk that I've had all along was salvaged from my old laptop and is about one terabyte in size and is nearly full.  I'm busy transferring somethings off of it. 

Dropbox sent me a warning that I'm running out of space. And my personal Google Drive can't be too far behind.  Earlier, I disabled both from syncing to my laptop because it uses my 15 gigabyte mobile download on my Verizon Wireless account.  My cellular devices has what's called "DropSync" which uses their unlimited data download.  The laptop only uses the Dropbox when it's physically connected to the devices and I can see their file systems from it.  It's a work around to paying into a more expensive cellular package.  The two external hard disk drives are a work around to paying for more space on Google Drive and Dropbox.

I was writing to somebody about Adventurer's Project and it's strategies.  And he mentioned that they were "complicated."  This is in line with somethings that I've noted with the Buckeye Trail's Facebook group.  But am I smarter?  I don't mean to be subjective.

The facts are that no matter how degraded my writing skills are, my composition (which also affects my speech) has been known to be advanced.  It's been noted by the Ohio Department of Education, the United States Army and Lakeland Community College.  I performed in the top 10% of my class in the English portion of the 8th grade proficiency test.  My teacher said that I was up there with the honor students.  As for the rest of me, some of the years past have been different from the way things are now. 

There were really bad times in my past.  I expanded my cognitive abilities beyond the confines of my head. It was originally designed for defensive purposes.  It's like how a computer does it with virtual memory to supplement the RAM. It does it by converting hard disk space.  My imagination is quite powerful, so in a way, I use the surrounding space around me to act as a projection of my mind, which is internal to everybody except, perhaps, me?  Compared to primary and secondary school honor students, it's not a true boost like there's naturally is.  But I dated someone that you could call a "low power" honor student and sometimes, I can almost keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment