Search This Blog

2019/06/03

O2 Sensor, Exhaust Project, Purchases, Transmission Fluid and SD Card

- I purchased two new O2 sensors and made a security deposit for their pullers at Advance Auto Parts in Woodsfield.  I was thinking that I could try to take them off with a wrench, but I decided that I should probably go with the proper tools.  One of the sensors won't be there until first thing tomorrow, so I called it a day.

- I cut through the remaining bolt on the exhaust manifold heat shield and got it off.  I then removed the 10 bolts around the manifold.  They were easy as they were not torqued on at all.  I did it from the top side of the engine.  And I have yet to look in the repair manual for anything regarding this project.  The only things that should be holding this exhaust up are maybe three rubber hangers and the sensors?  I was thinking that since I didn't need to remove the wheels that tomorrow I could somehow jack the car up and lower it on to my ramps.  But I'm concerned that they might not have enough lift to try and take the exhaust down in one piece.

- I was wearing shop gloves today

- I purchased a 3/8ths drive swivel head ratchet and some 1/2 drive, standard length SAE sockets from Woodsfield Ace Hardware.


- I didn't get the transmission fluid filled in my motorhome, but that's OK.  The procedure with it is that I have to remove the air filter manifold to put a funnel in it's dip stick tube.  I have 8 quarts to refill it with, but I don't think I got 4 out of it when I drained it.  My mechanic once told me that to truly drain this Ford C6 transmission, that I'd have to dismount it from the drive axle and engine.  My dual cab batteries have another 10% to recharge.  And if my 2008 Chevy HHR LS is low on charge, I'd rather jump it from the motorhome.

- My microSDHC card in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 SM-T817V is not responding. And my key to get into it is pointed.  I thought it use to have a rounded piece at the bottom to help lift the SD card door?  What I have is pointed and isn't lifting the door.  And I was just thinking about what if I had a bobby pin?

No comments:

Post a Comment