Search This Blog

2019/01/20

Omnibus 01/20/2019

I'm expecting a lows of 1° and -1°F tomorrow and the next day.  I have no idea what to expect out of the motorhome's heat then?  But I'm not entirely pessimistic about it.  The roads are expected to be covered in ice tomorrow.  Woodsfield is a very calm place.  But on the way to the store about an hour ago, I noticed a wind from the north.

If this were anything like hiking, a protocol of mine states that when your on a multi-day adventure in conditions where the effectiveness of gear is in doubt due to temperature, you might get along by switching to a 3rd shift hike.  That way, your body heat is higher when it's colder and the day time high might be in the temperature range of a sleeping bag's rating.  Later today and tomorrow, I might stick this out being awake over night?

You could say that I'm going on tour.  I have about 6 more presentations planned through May.  They're promoted every which way I can think of.  I just bought a 12 year old projector on eBay.  It's lamp is nearing the end of it's life.  A new one will cost about $85, but I understand this right, this projector probably sold for $900 back then.  So that $85 should still be well worth it.  I guess that HDMI wasn't a big thing back then, so it will take a VGA cable.  I have a HDMI to VGA converter and 3ft of VGA cable coming in the mail soon.

I had to change Adventurer's Project's mail exchange settings.  I'm not good at this configuring and I'm thankful that the website still works.  Instead of forwarding the mail, separate accounts had to be established on my laptop, tablet and smartphone.

I have all of Adventurer's Facebook promotions planned through June.  There will be one for each event and a Facebook page promotion each month, which targets different areas depending on the objectives.

I back to physical therapy tomorrow (if the roads are passable).  I've got 4 more weeks left.  Today, I don't feel the aching that I normally do, but I noticed that it's hard to sit and hold my form.

I got a dog leash to assist me in a stretch that they taught me, but I'm not sure it's going to work.  What I did was fed the line through the handle.  When they taught me to do this it was with a strap around the bottom of the arch of my foot.  I held each side with both hands.  With the dog leash, it was just a single line back.  Even with both hands, it didn't have the stability.  And I'm not sure that it has the length to hold it like I did the strap?

I haven't been stretching like I should.  They want me to do 2 sets of 5.  Ideally, I've determined that I should do them when I wake up and before I go to bed.  But my mornings are never good times.  Maybe I should I get there early and do them in the lobby?

I got this back injury while hiking in the "Night from Hell."  And I remember that this was the night that I finished "The Wilderness Loop."  I guess you can say that it really came at a price.  I've had to ration my maintenance activities and it's hasn't been painful since I first got it, but it's definitely been distracting in subtitle way.  You could say that it's been undermining my effectivity from behind the scenes.

I have 15 gallons of gasoline in the motorhome and 5 more gallons in my Jerry Can. But, this thing hasn't been started in longer than I can remember.  I've taken on leaks in the overhead bunk area and just before it.  If I level the motorhome, I'll take them in the master bed area.  I don't know how long the new ceiling in the overhead area is going to hold.  I'm committed to be at what I think is C and T Campground in Caldwell by March.  But I'm thinking that I may have to get an apartment and "dry dock" the motorhome?  But this thing is still good for trail promotion.

I Facebook messaged the North Country Trail Association asking if I should add them as a "co-host" to Adventurer's Project's events.  But then it dawned on me... they're furloughed and I'm probably not going to receive an answer from them any time soon.  My NFS point of contact is also furloughed.

Adventurer's Project remains at 82 likes.  In order to get this thing chapter worthy in a hurry, I want to see it get to at least 90 or more by mid-March.  I'm going to have to go through all of those likes to take an assessment on where these people live in order to determine where to hold planning meeting, or should we hold multiples?  Our stronghold was in Monroe County, but I can't tell anymore.

A Buckeye Trail Association board member is wanting to get our petition for chapterhood started in March.  I'm not sure we'll be ready for it, but I'm giving it a try.  But I think that we're definitely on par for next year?  It would be healthier to complete a full cycle of manned trail promotion and that won't start until June.  We haven't had time to compensate from things that I learned last year, which is our first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment