Search This Blog

2018/09/12

Chevy HHR Code and Right Rear Drum

My 2008 Chevy HHR LS was giving me a diagnostic code stating that there was something wrong with one of the environmental system.  It said that it had a slight leak.  I believe that I found it as the clamp on the hose from the air filter manifold to the engine block was loose.  I tightened the clamp and reset the codes.  I have a Bluetooth code reader that uses the "Torque" app on my Android based smartphone.  I'll just have to see if it comes back on again and go through the troubleshooting steps if it does.  When my app gives me a code, it comes up with recommended places to troubleshoot and web links.

Here at camp, there's been some funny "gasoline like smells" every time the wind blue.  And there might be something going on with one of the gas lines near the right rear side of the car.  But since I tightened up that clamp, there's only been a slight hint in the wind which leads me to believe that somebody either has gasoline uncovered somewhere, or somebody else is leaking, or spilling?

The rear right brake drum has been making a lot of noise.  It sounds like metal against metal.  But my foot position on the brake pedal seems to be too good for that and I believe that it has contaminates in it.  I'm hoping that I can just spray some brake cleaner inside there and call it a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment