Search This Blog

2018/09/09

Adventurer's Project's New Web Host & Flood Conditions

The web host (the service with the hard disk space that stores a website) for Adventurer's Project was changed today.  I donated about $7 a month for paid service now.  As a result, I had to change some settings on the http://www.adventurersohwv.info domain name.  The Domain Name Server informed me that it would take 24 hours to fully resolve (link the domain name with the web hosting service).

Well, it's a hell of a day for that to happen because we're dealing flood conditions from a tropical storm now.  Hopefully, it will be resolved tomorrow afternoon because we might have the remnants of hurricane coming in to follow up this tropical storm.  And the website contains links to the various flood gauges along the Road Fork and Whipple Sections - Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent).

We still have cellular data signal on Verizon Wireless in various places, particularly on the Duck Creek Corridor where the gauge in Macksburg of Washington County is starting to reach minor flood stage.

If the remnants of this next hurricane come to our area, my car might be in condition by then to watch these places flood?  If I can see them doing this, I might be able to form a basis of comparison to the reported level at that sites versus nearest flood gauge?  And I might be able to come up with some concrete answers as to what floods where?  It's something that I've been meaning to do.

In the meantime, my location in Woodsfield of Monroe County is good.  We've had lots of rain, but for the most part, it's too high to flood.  In fact, I don't think there's even so much as a dry stream in this village?

No comments:

Post a Comment