Search This Blog

2018/06/16

Importing Mapping Data to Locus Maps on New Device

Weeks ago, my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NV-900 was getting so sluggish, the battery was charging very slowly that I stepped into the Verizon store and found out that I have a warranty.  And I got it exchanged for a refurbished Note 8 that I like very much.  It's bigger than the 3 and I like big smartphones.

Well, I'm in the middle of loading it's Locus Maps app with data.  One thing I believed I mentioned to a partner of the Buckeye Trail Association is that things have to be loaded one by one.  And for new people, this took the better part of day before.  It only took me a few hours, but it had to be imported one thing at a time to make sure that the items get organized in the correct folders.

Somewhere in my data are image overlays for obsolete cellular signal coverage maps.  I couldn't figure out how to turn them off, so I exited the app, closed it in the recent apps, restarted it and it's back to normal now.  I think I have everything the way that I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment