Search This Blog

2018/06/24

Back at Lane Farm Campground, Charging Batteries, Upcoming Trail Promotion & NFS Map Compatibility

I'm back at the Lane Farm Campground near Marietta, Ohio. Today, I'm charging my auxiliary batteries and devices with the motorhome and car engine.

The auxiliary batteries were at 11.8V. I started charging them and realized that I needed to go to the store. When I got back, I started charging them again, but the motorhome's engine was running a little funny. After about 10 minutes, it was normal. My theory is that I'm jumping the cab batteries spread its power out to the weaker auxiliary batteries and after I took off the clamps from before, I should have let the cab batteries get to full charge.

Right now, it takes about 90 minutes to recharge the auxiliary batteries from a partial depletion with the 2 gauge, 20ft jumper cables on.

Right now, I'm looking at having a good day on maintenance tomorrow. Yesterday, I simplified my back drop for this upcoming trail promotion event. I called the Wetzel County CVB to confirm it, but haven't got a response yet. Basically, I'm only going to display their interpretive and general maps on their respective panels. As for Adventurer's Project's panels, I'll be displaying our volunteer needs for the most part.

Last night, I compared the forest map for the Marietta Unit of The Wayne to latest editions of the Whipple and Road Fork Section. Adventurer's Project will have map support for the 2003 edition of the National Forest map from Road Fork Section - Buckeye Trail, Point 18 to the Whipple Section, Point 07 (both sections are North Country concurrent).

That means that the locations as stated in our media will use both the points and locations such as road names, landmarks and communities. However, beyond what the forest accurately maps, it will depend mostly on Buckeye's map points.

No comments:

Post a Comment