Search This Blog

2018/06/22

Accidental Emergency Call & Cell Signal Booster

I upgraded to a new smartphone recently. And it has some new features. I believe that an event popped up while the the screen lock was on and in my pocket, then the impulses in my leg tapped on the "Emergency Call" button. I caught it when I pulled my phone out and I don't think that it actually made the call, but I'm not entirely sure? I didn't hear any voices, that doesn't mean that there couldn't have been any?

I don't trust the belt clip that I got with my Otter Box case for my new Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It's not as well built as the one for my previous Note 3. In fact, I would call it "flimsy" as anything could get the smartphone to pop out. That's why I carry it in my pocket. But these days, I try to carry it in with the screen facing outward from my leg.

I downloaded the manual for my Weboost cellular signal booster. I think that it has a 3mi range? Right now, I don't have a DC cable with an end wide enough to plug it in my 12V sockets. The last time that I used it, there are four LED lights and two of them were blinking red.

The manual states that the two antennas must be 20ft apart. The distance between the chassis table and the back window are less than that. So, I'm going to have to design a pole for the outdoor antenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment