Search This Blog

2018/05/04

High Winds, Inauguration and the Utility Hauling Trailer

24 mile per hour winds made departing Home Port in the motorhome unwise.  They'll only 7MPH tomorrow.  And I'll be packing my utility hauling trailer and taking it with me namely because I still haven't created a storage space for my 3 ton hydraulic jack under the master bed.  It's a matter of some eyelets, bolts and washers, but I have drill an the automotive grade steel plate in about four places that I'm sure is going to burn up some drill bits.

One of my relatives mentioned that I should take it to the Marietta area, but off of the freeway.  That sort of thing is always the contingency plan for high winds.  But I've checked the elevation profile for that and the fastest route and have found Interstate 77 to be the best route as far as that's concerned.  The trick for me will be getting it over Southern Tuscarawas County.  I'm worried about getting it to The Wilderness Loop at this point.

If I was more confident with it now, I'd re-route to South Central Ohio first.  My desperation ended 11 years ago and I just don't think that there's anything "magical" or "mythical" about women anymore.  But my car says otherwise.  It's 10 years old with 194,000 miles and is still going strong.  I think it's been a great car and just weeks after I bought it, one of my ex-girlfriends showed up out of no where and I took her for a ride.  And she asked if she was the first woman to ride in the side seat?  And she was.  Apparently that was a big deal and at this point, I can tell you that it was.

I've given this a lot of thought and there's somebody down in South Central Ohio that I would like to inaugurate the motorhome.  All I want to do is just go pick her up, take her out to lunch and bring her back.  That's it.  Nobody has to dress like the Kentucky Derby and I doubt that there's a bottle of champagne involved?  Aside from going getting the motorhome to The Wilderness Loop, this is a high priority.

I have a 4x8 utility hauling trailer.  And in order to load it, I have to take the rear wooden wheels off of it.  Well, their 2x4 struts are stuck in their mounts really good.  I took a rubber mallet and pounded the living daylights out of it to no avail.  What I need is a wrench on one side with a socket and driver on the other.  But my tools are in the motorhome, which is in the storage unit at the moment and the gate closed about an hour ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment