Search This Blog

2018/05/01

Electrical Short, 12 Volt Power Splitter and Windshield Wiper

I diagnosed the electrical short on the marker lights.  Power comes from the fuse block to the orange marker light on the driver's side of the overhead bunk.  From there, there's a 3 way split.  One wire supplies power to the other front orange marker lights, while the other goes to the back driver's side red marker light, where there's a 3 way split there supplying power to the remaining ones.

The junction at the driver's side orange marker light was soldered by my mechanic.  But the left mounting screw must have come in contact with the wire?  I think that I have it fixed now as I re-shielded that intersection with electrical tape.  This now means that the motorhome can leave the storage unit under any weather conditions, either night or day now.

But I'm going to have to repair some of the fiberglass body at the driver's side orange marker light because some of it cracked and came off.  Sands RV in Madison Township of Lake County specializes in obsolete parts.  They might salvage old RV's and they might have a bit of fiberglass that I can mount over top of it?  I think that in the months to come, I might look at trying to devise a better way to deal with that intersection?

I also mounted a 4 way 12 volt power splitter to the overhead of the table area.  It's switched.  But the one thing that I don't like about it is that it has an LED in the plug for it's surge protection.  If i can find something intermediate, I'd like to switch it on and off with an immediate male to female switch.

I have the supplies for the electrical outlet in the microwave's storage bin.  I may have reported earlier that an exposed wire came in contact with the back of the previous microwave and shorted it out and fried 3 outlets in the process.  When I removed the microwave, I discovered the outlet as being electrial taped on, hanging by exposed in wall electrical wiring. 

Hopefully, the wiring still works.  I plan on routing it through an aluminum conduit and installing a new kitchen outlet with a reset breaker into a box on the outside of the wall in the compartment.  By doing this, I may be able to bring that outlet closer to the door and use the second outlet for something like a USB powered device?

There's a problem with one of the windshield wipers.  It connects to a stem and it's real loose.  There's nothing wrong with the stem, so it doesn't need a new arm.  The Wipers aren't in bad shape, but I might have to replace it anyways because I'm not sure why it's not locking on to that stem?

No comments:

Post a Comment