Search This Blog

2017/05/13

No State Forests Along ADT-IA

There are no state forests along the American Discovery Trail - Iowa.

The ADT turn-by-turns don't always reveal everything.  That's why I'm being as thorough with the camping/ lodging mapping as I can.  There could be a reason for this.  As the guides have been updated, at the time of their initial inception, either the Internet wasn't used, or it's information wasn't that good yet.  A Google search today wasn't as accurate as a Yahoo search in the 90's. Hypothetically, it's possible that nobody's done and "overhaul" of the turn-by-turn's logistics.  But, really... it would take skills that are more like mine to really pull that off.

  For those of you out there, keep reading through the logs here.  I don't want to keep this data to myself.  There is a comment area at the bottom of the page (I censor them btw).  I believe that it's open to the general public???

If you need to reach me on my personal Facebook profile, just know that I'm usually a little single minded about distance trail volunteerism and internal things.  When I'm not, I'm somewhat of a dark person.  We all just might just be better off if I just stick to the trails.

The way to reach me is in the American Discovery Trail's Facebook group.  Recently, I took a friend request from a stranger.  They private messaged me afterwards and were wanting to know how old I was and probably getting information to use in my password security questions.  I blocked them after the second question.  But I started chatting to begin with because I thought it was someone from the ADT?

If you need me on Facebook, be sure to write a PM stating that your an adventurist on the ADT, or a prospective one.

No comments:

Post a Comment