Search This Blog

2017/05/18

County Fairs Along the ADT

I've been plotting the locations of county fairs on the Eastern and Central Region - North of the American Discovery Trail (ADT).  I can't guarantee they'll result in campsites, but the hikers might like having the information anyways just in case.  Now, as I'm doing these, I'm digging up more regular campsites in the process.  It just so happens that I'm coming across new data.

Many of the county fairs are not easy to locate.  Which gives me the idea that I've had with the Buckeye Trail, only different.  It's kind of technical, but if the up and coming ADT state committees had a GPS repository somehow, they might be able to catalog the location of areas that can't be found on the Internet.  When somebody wants that information, they search and click on their page.  It will have their name and possibly a logo.  The end user will scroll down and download what they want, but they'll have to come through the name and logo to get it.  It could be done for any and all points of interest with within reasonable distance from the trail for an equestrian, or cyclist.  If my numbers are right, that's 32mi corridor with the ADT running right up the center of it.

I never advocate stealth camping.  It's another phrase for "trespassing."  Some the hikers underestimate how quickly a property owner can go from congenial to hostile if this happens enough. Now mid-west distance trails might not be in any condition for it to happen, but they're growing and it's a matter of time.  It's said that the people in town... they talk.  And if that happens enough, there's the Farm Bureau.  Right now, it's a good time to judge the trails for what they could be.

I'm surprised by how much data I've accumulated so far.  I don't think it's going to look like much in the end.  But I'm getting more fatigued.  It's as if each passing day, I begin with less and less energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment