Search This Blog

2017/05/15

Camping Data Finished for ADT-KS & NE

I skipped ahead and completed the camping/ lodging data for Kansas and Nebraska.  Now, I've heard that the South Mid-West Route (SMR) is the most popular amongst American Discovery Trail thru adventurists (including hikers).  But just using a scale legend and as far as I see, a trip through Kansas would require two 30 mile routes, maybe three.  From from what I'm seeing in Nebraska, it's only one.  In either state, those would constitute camping/ lodging "amenity gaps" because of insufficient logistics by the current standards that I use.  But those standards have never had to route through places like Iowa and Kansas before.  The only way to really make that declaration is to write one of my mock hiker documents.

And there's another factor that might play out in Kansas' favor.  It's another thing I don't know without having done a mock hiker is that the SMR might be shorter?  If that is so, considering the Rockies afterward, it could even Kansas' playing field with Nebraska, or make it a more superior option?

No comments:

Post a Comment