Search This Blog

2016/03/30

Log 2016032901

I just finished tracking the roads for the Road Fork Section - BT/ NCT on the inside of The Wilderness Loop.  This is to provide a basis for drawing a 6 mile corridor (3 miles on each side) using a polygon, or a shape of unlimited sides.  The one for the Whipple Section was done last year.  But I intend to complete these for the Stockport and Belle Valley Sections before this upcoming trail promotion season.

While I'm on trail promotion, should I get an offer for water resupply or a campsite (for example), I'll be able to input the address into my smartphone and if the location is within those polygons, it's good.  The alternative would be to take it home and find it's position on a map, then measure its distance from the trail.  I plan to volunteer as electronically as I can, sending and forwarding information on the spot before I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment