Search This Blog

2016/03/27

Log 2016032701

I sorted through my photos on The Robot (my oversized media center computer) today and renamed the files from their default names generated by the camera to things like Buckeye Trail sections and the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource, often by location and county.  That way, if I need to search for a photo in the future, the keywords in the name should bring back a result.  The next step would be to import my other photos from smartphone and laptop, rename those and then run everything through Google's "Picasa" application to see if any of them have geotags.  Many won't.  Either because I didn't enable my locater tags, or they were taken with a digital camera in the past that didn't have the capability.  But I may still be able to manually add them in Google Earth if I can remember their locations.

It's not an active thing with me, but I'm hoping to compensate for where the Google Maps Camera Car hasn't gone along the Buckeye.  Most of the off-road would fit that description.  These photos as pinned to a map might help trail maintenance, or those giving presentations.

Before I could geotag, I would occasionally take photos of signs at street corners and landmarks to help me remember where the other photos were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment