Search This Blog

2016/03/01

Log 2016030101

I input corrections to the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource's (OTHR) 2016 Edition guide rough draft up to page 20 of 83.  The document has some formating issues and I'm thinking that I'll either have to copy it Notepad, take out all of the indents and then copy it back over (the word processor won't get rid of some of the existing indents).  And in NE Ohio, the mentioning of all of the local, regional, interstate and international transit amenities are a bit lengthy.  I'm concerned that they will not display well on a smartphone.  So, I've been considering placing them in an area beyond the final page of the main guide's text and linking a bookmark to them.

So far, inputting the corrections has gone slowly and that's probably because I have to use the word processor's search function to "jump" around the document using key phrases that it will hopefully lock on to.  And in a couple instances, there's been need for new, or revised text.  Yesterday, I added an advisory area for Bedford 24.  These are areas where the user might see an opportunity for transit, but I don't suggest that they go there... usually because of vehicular traffic.  I was going to put down one of these placemarks at Scioto Trail 25, but the transit amenity south of there was at about 3.2mi away and Scioto Trail Section is 15.0mi day with a 3.0mi reserve (total of 18.0mi put together) and lastly, a 3.0mi trail to amenity (doesn't add in, but counts against) maximum on the OTHR.

No comments:

Post a Comment