Search This Blog

2016/03/08

Log 2016030802

Well, the cross importation from Mozilla Thunderbird to GMail didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped.  I guess this isn't Burger King (I can't "have it my way").  But I will say that in printed form, Thunderbird made a nice layout and I converted it to PDF.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get it's links to carry over.  I just logged on to the web server for the first time in months today and uploaded the new directory and guide and linked them.

The next step is to organize parts of the OTHR's map into sections and trail portions so that if the end transit hiker were to click on the "Burton Section," they would only see, or download the transit that pertains to that area.  Ordinarily, to reduce the workload and redundancy, OTHR isn't organized like this.  It would need to be reorganized 30 times with there being something different with each one.  Afterwards, the data would then be uploaded to Google Maps somehow and it's web address would be copied and pasted into the proper link on the OTHR website.  Those 30 files would then need to be converted to .gpx format one at a time and then also be linked on the website.  Finally, every downloadable resource will all be combined into a single .zip file for mass downloading of the entire resource.

The guide was really the last of the big hurdles.  I'm on the "downhill" side of a new edition right now.  The hardest thing coming up is the upload and linking of all the maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment