Search This Blog

2018/10/11

Motorhome: Replaced Bathroom GCFI Outlet (Again)

I replaced the GCFI outlet in the bathroom area of my motorhome. It's the first in series with the bedroom, kitchen counter and outdoor outlets on the same 15 amp circuit.  I have a theory about the last replacement that I did there. What if my George Forman Grill was plugged into the microwave's 15A circuit, but the outlet was rated for 20A. And what if the grill is a 20A appliance which normally gets plugged in there, but when I changed the GCFI in the bathroom, which is rated for 15A and I plugged the grill into the then repaired 15 - 15 circuit and somehow damaged that outlet?  But as far as I know, this shouldn't be?

There's one cord that goes to the 220V/ 30A receptical on the outside power box.  This motorhome is only 24ft long and really doesn't need 50A service. One of the things that I want to do sometime is wire in an additional 20A outlet, but instead of installing it to the converter, I want to run a new power cord straight to to 120V receptical on the outdoor post.

One of these days, I'm going to draw a schematic of the electrical, gas and plumbing routes as I know them, or come to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment